Sunday, December 30, 2007

Familytreemaker 2008

After Christmas is over now I can go back to my genealogy. I got the newest version of Familytreemaker 2008 and the interface looks really good. I do like the layout and how it shows the main personal information, pictures (media) and ancestry tree and name list. My biggest problem is the relationship calculator which can be found under the tool option in the menu. But it doesn't work right. I tried it with Etha and one of her cousin Bill Simien and it shows them as 5th cousin. Well in the relationship report it shows them as 3rd cousins once removed. Although 5th cousin is true but it's not the closest kinship. In my other program (Legacy that I use as my main genealogy program) it shows them correct as 3rd cousin once removed, 4th cousin once removed and 5th cousin. Until this problem is fixed I will not even consider using Familytreemaker 2008 although I do like their layout as I had mentioned before. But anyway I'm waiting for the new version of Legacy 7 which I think should be out in Spring of 2008.

No comments: